Topics covered include:
- Basic Soil Food Web Biology (and how it applies to your farm or garden)
- Soil Building Techniques
- Compost Teas
- Practical hands on experience in the field
- Cover Crops & Green Manures
- Braking new ground and how to build healthy soil for better crops
- Practical exercises to help you figure out what type of soil you have, and where your Soil Food Web is at
- How to submit, decipher, and use Soil Tests to aid you in amending your soil
- AND MORE!
- Nevin & Shauna Gavigan, Owners & Operators of Your Local Farmacy, an organic farm located in beautiful Lumby BC.
- We have 7 years experience building healthy soils, and growing a wide diversity of crops. We've researched this topic extensively, and have applied and experimented with these techniques throughout our farming career. We've started 3 farms in the past 7 years, all in different regions, on a range of soils. We have practical, useful, extensive knowledge on these subjects that we'd like to pass on to you!
- We'll be holding two, 1 day workshops. Saturday May 28th, OR Saturday June 4 from 9am - 5pm. MAXIMUM 15 participants per workshop.
- Right here at Your Local Farmacy, located at 714 Mabel Lake Road in Lumby BC (MAP). We're located 7 minutes outside of Lumby, up Mabel Lake Road.
- $100 per person, includes vegetarian lunch. All fees must be paid before the workshop date. We accept cheque (made out to Your Local Farmacy Inc.) or Credit Card (through PayPal). Those that choose the credit card option will receive a PayPal invoice via email.
What to Bring:
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes (we'll also make available our presentation notes and amendment recipes. So you can spend your time learning, not taking notes the whole day).
- We'll be out in the fields for part of the day, so bring a hat, weather appropriate clothing and good footwear. As well as a water bottle (hydration is important out on the farm!).
How to sign up:
- Send us an email via our Contact Page, to let us know that you would like to sign up. Please include which date you would like to attend, how many people will be participating, and how you would like to pay. Please let us know if you require a receipt.
- We'll promptly email you back to welcome you to the workshop, and impart any further details (how to get here, local overnight accommodation options if required, payment details, etc).